Wednesday, September 22, 2021 / by Natasha Salter
- Gutters and Roof - Clean the leaf debris from your gutters and have them inspected. This is also a good time to have your roof inspected before the first heavy snowfall.
- Faucets and Sprinklers - Before the first freeze, drain and shut off your outdoor faucets. Roll up your hoses to be stored. Shut off your sprinkler system for the winter. Insulate the main shut off valve and above ground piping. Drain the system and turn off the timer on your automatic systems.
- Pool - Clean, close and cover for the winter.
- Furnace and HVAC - Have your furnace and ductwork serviced. Replace your air filters. Make sure heating vents are open and unblocked.
- Chimney - Have your chimney swept and inspected before you start using your fireplace or furnace.
- Doors and Windows - Check for drafts. Insulate or caulk where necessary.
- Detectors - Check your smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors to be sure they are working properly.